By Matt Guyette
Monadnock Pumpkin Festival
When: Saturday, October 15, 2016
Where: Cheshire Fair Grounds, 247 Monadnock Hwy., Swanzey, NH
This family-friendly event includes carved pumpkin displays, a carving contest, a children’s costume parade, a pumpkin catapult, a craft fair, pony rides and a Fright Fest haunted fairgrounds area. Admission is $5 and kids 5 and under are free.
Visit monadnockpumpkinfestival.org for more information.
New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival (formerly, the Keene Pumpkin Festival)
When: October 22, 2016
Where: Downtown in Laconia, NH
Visit nhpumpkinfestival.com for more information.
Don’t let the flu get you this season! What You Should Know for the 2016-2017 Influenza Season
2016-2017 Influenza Season
- WHO should get a yearly flu vaccine? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends an annual flu vaccine for everyone six months of age and older including pregnant women and people who have chronic health conditions. Vaccination to prevent influenza is particularly important for people who are at high risk for serious complications from influenza.
- Preventive Steps 1. Take time to get a flu vaccine 2. Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs. 3. Take flu antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them
- WHERE can I get the flu vaccine? Flu vaccines are offered by many doctor’s offices, clinics, health departments, pharmacies and college health centers, as well as by many employers, and even by some schools. Even if you don’t have a regular doctor or nurse, you can get a flu vaccine somewhere else, like a health department, pharmacy, urgent care clinic, and often your school, college health center, or work.
Granite State Independent Living (GSIL) is a statewide nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote life with independence for people with disabilities and seniors through advocacy, information, education, support and transition services.
- -At Granite State Independent Living we believe in the importance of mutual RESPECT and we celebrate diversity.
- -At Granite State Independent Living we believe all individuals should have CHOICES.
- -At Granite State Independent Living we believe in individual EMPOWERMENT.
- -At Granite State Independent Living we believe that all individuals have the right to define their own level of INDEPENDENCE.
- -At Granite State Independent Living we believe in COLLABORATION.Keene, NH Office 105 Castle Street, Room 7 Keene, NH 03431 603-228-9680 1-800-826-3700 (toll-free) | 603-903-0869 (fax)
- -At Granite State Independent Living everything we do is done with INTEGRITY.
Cedarcrest Center for Children with Disabilities
91 Maple avenue
Keene, NH 3431
603 358 3384
603 358 3389
Cedarcrest Center offers children with special medical and educational needs a healthy, safe environment where they can grow and develop to their fullest potential. The Center provides a calm, comfortable setting in which children are surrounded by caring, dedicated staff who encourage and nurture them every moment of the day.