10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER IN SUMMER
Drinking moderate amount of water in summer carries several health benefits for individuals. Our body carries 70% water thus needs adequate quantity of it to function properly.
Let’s see what does drinking 7-8 glass of water a day truly bring for your health and how much beneficial it is to keep body and muscles regulated on hot days.
- Weight loss. Water is an effective appetite suppressant. So, consuming water cuts down hunger and reduces need for extra meals. That results in losing valuable weight and keeping one fit and healthy during summer.
- Water is a wonder drug dealing dehydration. 7-9 glass water intake a day regulates body temperature and replaces the essential electrolytes lost due to excessive sweating.
- For mental health, mental creativity and mental productivity water plays vital role. Consuming sufficient amount of water liquefies brain blood that makes brain more efficient, creative and productive. You think better and thus work better. It also combats sudden mental strokes during summer and cures headache as well.
- Drinking good quantity of water flushes out toxins and poisonous compounds out of body. It regulates digestion avoiding constipation, acidity, kidney stone and stomach cramps.
- More the heart pumps water more it becomes strong and protects against heart attacks. Thus drinking water makes heart healthy. It also increases blood flow to the heart enhancing its health.
- Drinking adequate amount of water rejuvenates skin. It keeps skin hydrated making it radiant and glowy. It also combats acne and aging.
- When body exhausts, water works like an energy drink. It boosts energy in body fighting against fatigue, dizziness, sluggishness, lethargy and other heat related illness.
- Drinking moderate amount of water a day lubricates muscles and joints that is a cure against cramps and sprains.
- Water deals various diseases such as giddiness, bloating, belching, obesity, anemia, cough, irregular menstruation and urogenital diseases.
- It is simply starting a day with consuming 5-6 glass of water altogether. Water therapy is useful in dealing hormonal problems, blood pressure, kidney related problems and heart attack.
Neighbor Helping Neighbor (SCS)
This program provides funds for utility energy assistance (electric or natural gas) to needy individuals who are experiencing hardships, have disconnects pending, and are ineligible for help from the Fuel Assistance Program. (This non-profit charitable funding is generously supported by corporate matching contributions from customers and employees of Unitil/Concord Electron, Keyspan, Unitil/Exeter & Hampton Electric, Granite State Electric, Northern Utilities, Natural Gas, and Public Service of New Hampshire.)
- Use the thermostat on your air conditioner/dehumidifier so it will cycle on and off only as needed.
- Attics should be properly vented to reduce heat build-up from the sun.
- Compact fluorescent lights use 75% less electricity than regular bulbs. Consider using compact fluorescents for most commonly used lighting.
- Invest in energy efficient appliances. Look for appliances with the ENERGY STAR label.
- Close windows and shades on hot sunny days.
- At night, open the lowest living level window and correspondingly highest and furthest away living level window to use the building’s natural stack effect (warm air rises) to draw out warm air to be replaced with cooler night air.